My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://ripper234.com and update your bookmarks.

19 December 2007

Recovering Corrupt Doc Files

Today Word 2007 corrupted a doc file Aya was working on. The repair function from inside Word failed to work, and a Google search revealed a myriad of word repair tools - some of them don't work, and some of them not free.

Gmail managed to easily convert the doc to HTML, and then opening this HTML with Word provided a version of the document. The problem was of course that all the hebrew and symbols got misplaced (text direction problems and the like).

Finally I found the perfect solution - OpenOffice. A quick download (~120mb) and install, and I managed to easily open the original corrupt doc and resave it.

1 comment:

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.